Mold Could Be Making You Sick



It may be surprising to learn, but many chronic respiratory infections go misdiagnosed. These infections are typically caused by long term exposure to mold, but individuals are unaware that the mold is even growing in their home.

Air quality is something that is important not only outdoors, but also indoors. The quality of the air inside of your home can be negatively impacted by the appearance and growth of mold.

The amount of mold cases is on the rise because more and more people are becoming educated about what mold is. recent floods have also made the presence of mold within homes increase. It is time that you learned how mold can make you sick and how you can prevent against it.

Mold Can Make You Sick



Become Educated About Mold

The main thing that you need to remember when you are discussing mold is that you need to learn more about where mold grows and how you can get rid of mold from your home. If you know what to be on the lookout for, you should be able to get rid of any mold from your home before it causes major health concerns. If you live in areas that have been hit hard with flooding in the past, you need to be on high alert and be aware that not only is mold growth within your home possible, but it is also common.

Hidden and Bizarre Mold Sources

It is important to note that not all of the mold that is growing within your home is visible. It is actually the mold that is hiding that can be the most harmful to your health. Not only are there very obvious locations in your home where mold tends to grow like showers and basements, but mold also grows under carpet and behind drywall. This means that just looking for visible signs of mold growth within your home is not good enough. You need to know where mold could be hiding. Mold can be brought into your home in so many different ways that it can actually be mind boggling. One of the more bizarre sources of mold growth are Christmas Trees. This holiday decoration has been linked to mold. The air quality within your home can drop drastically if you have a live Christmas tree in your home that has mold spores.

Mold is Serious

The reason that you need to be so aware about where mold is growing is because it can be harmful to your health. When you are exposed to mold for long periods of time, the situation can be very serious. Not only can mold make you very ill, but it has the ability to be deadly. This means that you need to be aware of signs and symptoms that suggest you have been exposed to mold.

The most common signs of mold exposure is relation to your health are

  • muscular pain,
  • headaches,
    shortness of breath
  • and GI problems.

Even though these are the most common symptoms, there are many more. The main problem with these symptoms is that they are so generic and broad, they are often mistaken for other illnesses. This means that if you are dealing with a health condition caused by mold, it needs to be diagnosed right away.

Spores

When you have mold growing in your home, it is possible for spores from the mold to be released into the air. These mold spores are lowing the air quality, but they are not visible to the eye. This means that there could potentially be thousands of mold spores growing in your home and released into the air and you would not know if you do not check areas of your home for mold growth. You can’t just wait until you experience symptoms of mold exposure before you begin looking for the mold source. You need to be proactive and look for mold growth before you become ill.

Mold Grows Anywhere

The biggest concern with mold growth is that mold can potentially grow anywhere. This means that no matter what the surface is made out of, it is possible for mold to begin to grow. The areas of your home that you need to check most often for mold growth include the kitchen, near windows, under appliances and on your roof. This is where dampness can most often result in mold growth. A musty odor is what you will most often notice before you actually spot teh mold. This means that you need to be aware of this smell and track it once you begin to notice this odor within your home. It could be a major sign that you have mold growing.

No matter what the type of mold is that is growing within your home, it can be harmful to your health and needs to be removed right away.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *